The Mira Costa Library has just added a great new tool, EasyBib Premium School Edition, to make citing sources, taking notes online, and evaluating the creditability of online sources easier for students. Don’t wait for a class visit to take advantage of this great new resource. Come by the library or email Mrs. Lofton for information about how to create an EasyBib account, get access to our Premium School Account with our Mira Costa coupon code, and take advantage of all the help it can offer you when you do research.
Please check June 2013 this update information to this posting.
The Mira Costa Library now has ebooks! We have:
- 22 new ebooks you can check out like a library book and then read online on any computer with an internet browser. This collection includes popular favorites such as Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games trilogy titles, John Green’s Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska, Sarah Dessen’s The Truth about Forever and Along for the Ride, and Gayle Forman’s If I Stay.
- 2 new reference books, the electronic version of the multi-volume Encyclopedia of Contemporary American Social Issues and Voices of Shakespeare’s England: Contemporary Accounts of Elizabethan Daily Life. These two reference books can be accessed by an unlimited number of readers simultaneously.
- Visit the library catalog online through this direct line, or through the library catalog link on the library website.
- If you see a list of district libraries, be sure to select Mira Costa High School.
- Click Login at the top right of the Mira Costa Library Catalog screen. Your username is your nine- or ten-digit Permanent ID and your password is destiny.
- To see all the ebooks, select Resource Lists from the left menu bar and then Public Lists from the tab at the top right. Then select the eBooks list. You can also identify a book as an ebook when you search the catalog if you see this icon:
- To view information about an ebook in the list, click on the title or on Details.
- Choose Read Online to browse a book and decide if you want it, or choose Check Out Online to check the book out.
- Once your book is checked out, you will have it for two weeks, unless you choose to return it earlier. You can access it at any time by logging into your library catalog account and selecting the My Info tab.
- Click on the ebook title or on Details.
- Click on the hyperlink provided in the detail record.
- Enter Mira Costa’s username and password for ABC-CLIO reference materials. Come by the library or email Mrs. Lofton for this username and password.
In addition to our event discussing John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars, March 7 is World Read Aloud Day, and people around the world are sharing stories that changed their world. You can learn more about World Read Aloud Day and join in the celebration by visiting this Facebook page. Here is my contribution:
Please share yours!
Tomorrow, TLC: The Library Club is joining our “Somewhat Virtual Book Club” cross-country group in a discussion of John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars. The discussion starts right after school (3 PM) in the library work room. Everyone who has read the book is welcome to join us. We’ll also have refreshments. 🙂