SCIBA Authors Dinner

SCIBA Dinner 2012 Books
Mrs. Lofton with her books from the SCIBA Dinner

Last Saturday I was delighted to attend the annual SCIBA (Southern California Independent Booksellers Association Children’s Book and Literacy Dinner, along with MBUSD Library Media Specialists Julie Jones, Heidi Snively, and Debby Kalenik. Here we are:MBUSD Group at SCIBA Dinner

This event features speeches by several great authors, an author at each table, and free books and book signings. Speakers this year included Michael Grant, Aaron Karo, Jennifer Nielsen, Lisa Loeb, and Cornelia Funke. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Author Lisa McMann and getting a copy of her newest book, Dead to You, for our library. Here I am with her: I came away with a wonderful assortment of other new books and pre-publication advanced reader copies to share with students. I also got another opportunity to see and visit with Andrea Cremer, who visited us at Mira Costa in January, and Margot Ferris, bookseller from our local {pages} the bookstore, who has been so terrific working with Mira Costa.

Come by the library to borrow one of our new books soon!

3 thoughts on “SCIBA Authors Dinner

1. Looking forward to seeing all the new books in the library and especially in the hands of the students. What a fun event and a great group of people!