SCIBA Dinner

The highlight of my “Ski Week” vacation was the SCIBA (Southern California Independent Booksellers Association) Annual Children’s Books and Literacy Dinner on Saturday, February 26, which I attended along with all the MBUSD media specialists from MBMS and our five elementary schools. Julie Jones, Debby Kalenik, Yukari Matsuyama, Chris Primm, Barbara Siegemund-Broka, Heidi Snively,  and I got to hear authors Cecil Castellucci, Judy Blundell, Brandon Mull, Andrew Smith, and Dr. Cuthbert Soup speak; and meet with and get books signed by many others. Our group was very lucky to have acclaimed author Eve Bunting sitting at our table. I also was able to chat with and get books signed by authors Sherry Shahan, Andrew Smith, Judy Blundell, and Lauren Kate. I brought home a large stack of books I will be doing my best to devore myself and add to our library collection as quickly as possible. I know Mira Costa students will enjoy them!

Thanks very much to Yukari for taking many of the photos in this slideshow.

8 thoughts on “SCIBA Dinner

1. Wow, I’m envious. What a fun night and great company. Thanks Jane for all the work you are devoting to the Costa library. The kids are so lucky to have you!